You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality~Walt Disney

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Happy Little Working Song"

Hey all. Sorry it's been so long. Everyone always asks me: "Do you like your job...Are you having fun?" And my response is always the same: "Except for always closing and the lack of sleep, it's great." Really haven't had much time off, compared to my co-workers who have had 4-5 days off already. Last week, Tuesday-Friday, I trained at Casey's Corner, the hot dog place at the far left corner of Main Street, right before the Castle. I also managed to pull a live closing shift, before my assessment, while my co-workers had off. Saturday was the only day I had off, so I slept in, then hit Studios with Elizabeth and a friend. Then this week, I'm cross-training at the Bakery and Ice Cream Parlor, both of which are opposite Casey's on the far right corner of Main Street. I also managed once again to pull a closing shift on Saturday, after my assessment, meaning a 15 hour day that so far none of my co-workers share. Yay for me. I have Thursday off, but no plans right now, except sleeping in. Costumes for both locations are kinda cute-Casey's is a baseball uniform, complete with catcher's padding as an apron, a baseball hat, and socks. If the costume wasn't a men's cut, which looks utterly ridiculous on females, it would be great. At the Bakery and Ice Cream Parlor, we wear the same thing-old fashioned green and white striped shirt, long green skirt, a white apron, a stupid little do-rag type thing that refuses to stay in my hair, and stockings, which can also be annoying. The best part of the Bakery/ Ice Cream Parlor costume is that, as a skirt, it's much more comfortable than the Casey's uniform. Anyway, off to work now-another closing shift(yay). Hope to update more soon! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I sense a little frustration. Give it time. It'll all come together soon. You'll start to get waves of other CPs and they'll take those shifts.

    Oh, and it was easy this time; Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, do you stalk my blog or something? You're always the first one to comment shortly after I post something....and are you ever gonna give anyone else a chance to try to guess the title?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No...but I go on my blog a bunch and I see that you have posted something.

    And if other people would like to guess, they can. Just delete my post so they don't cheat.

    ReplyDelete