You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality~Walt Disney
Monday, August 16, 2010
"A Little Black Rain Cloud"
Hey all. Today's story is about our Wal-Mart experience. Nicole and I decided to go to Wal-Mart to get our work shoes, some food and a few other supplies. So, we got on the bus, went, and got all our stuff. As we pushed our baskets outside and began to unload them to get back on the bus, we realized just how much stuff we had gotten. Thankfully, the bus driver had opened the compartments under the bus, and helped us put everything in. Now, Wal Mart is right down the street from our apartments, and we were the first stop, about 5 minutes later. We started to unload everything, and realized we needed to carry the bags over to a table and try to condense them. As we did this, I noticed that 1 of the 3 half gallons of ice cream I had bought had opened and was melting all over the place. So, I threw it out, not knowing if it had come in contact with the bus compartment. Even after condensing as much as we could, we each had a mattress pad and 5 or 6 rather heavy bags of food. In addition, I also had a comforter and a pillow. We started to walk, but I had to stop after a few feet, because my pillow had fallen on the ground (yay). So I put all the bags down, struggled to get the pillow back in the bag, and told Nicole to go ahead. I managed to get everything situated and walked a few feet further before realizing that another ice cream had opened, and was melting all over the bag, as well as my jeans and shoes. I put the bags in my hand on the ground, and couldn't figure out how to get the ice cream to a trash can without dripping more on me, or leaving stuff behind. Thankfully, a very nice girl walked by and offered to help. We finally got all the stuff to the apartment, and I realized that the third and final ice cream had started to melt all over my frozen meals. So I had to clean everything off before I could put it in the fridge. The best part of the story........it was pouring rain the entire time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahahah that suucccccckkkkkkksssssss
ReplyDelete1. Wow, that is a rough day for you (and your ice cream). Although, just know that you will have those days. Keep pushing through.
ReplyDelete2. How's work? Training? Life? Etc? Please update on that.
3. I had to think about it; but it is Winnie the Pooh.
Thanks Kels.
ReplyDeleteSheesh Andy, last night was the first night of on location training/work. Impatient much? But nice to know I made you think.