You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality~Walt Disney

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"A Spoonful of Sugar"

Hey all. So it's been a crazy week in Disney. I finished my training, and am now an official cast member! A couple really cool things happened while I was cross-training at the Bakery and Cone Shop. One day, I was standing at the register, and turned around to see a father playing with his son. The father picked the son up, and said something(I think in French) in his ear. Next thing I know, the little boy blows me a kiss. It was the cutest thing ever! A little while later, I was still at the register, when we served a British family. A few minutes later, the mother tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that it was the best brownie she had ever eaten. She stayed and chatted for a few minutes, before thanking me and walking away. I've had the closing shift at Casey's the last few nights, which has its ups and downs. Last night, I had a woman yell at me, because some people decided to form their own line, and my coordinator told them that they had to get in the regular line. The woman came up yelling that we had been serving that line the entire time, though we had only served 2-3 people from that line. Then, I pulled dishwashing during closing, even though I had never done it before. Of course, they decided that they weren't going to pre-close everything, so I was brought every single thing that needed to be washed at the same time, a total of like 50-60 pans, pots, fryer parts, buckets, as well as pieces of the french fry and hot dog stations. Thank goodness, a girl I had trained with decided to stay and help me. The best part of washing dishes...I accomplished 3 things at once. I washed dishes, cleaned my costume and took a shower all at the same time. I laughed almost the entire time, despite the number of dishes. It just goes to show you, that a spoonful of sugar does help the medicine go down. Things may get tough at points, but there are always moments that can make you forget all about the bad. Heading to DAK with a bunch of people, then MK for Wishes. Stay tuned!

(P.S. Andy, there's no need to say that the title is from Mary Poppins. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that)

2 comments:

  1. Rude. I wasn't even going to say it this time, cause I got yelled at last time.

    Have fun at DAK, tell Wilson I said Hi!!!

    ReplyDelete